Private School Application Procedures
While we hope you are enjoying your experiences with Wayland Public Schools, we also know that some families will choose to apply to private schools as an alternative educational option. As you will discover, part of the application process requires you to request transcripts and recommendations from WMS staff (usually your child's English Teacher, Math Teacher, and Guidance Counselor).
Please know that your attention to each step in the
process below will ensure a timely, quality processing of your child’s
application to private school.
1. Communicate With WMS Staff: Please email your child's English Teacher, Math Teacher, and Guidance Counselor to let them know your child is applying to private school. Include a brief outline of what you need from us.
2. Transcript & Recommendation Requests: Please submit requests at least one month prior to the application deadline so that we may give proper attention and time to your child's recommendations. Any requests received less than one month before the deadline cannot be guaranteed to reach the private school by the specified due date. We mail all documents directly to the private school (we cannot give the forms to you or your child).
- Transcript & Counselor Recommendations
- Give transcript and counselor recommendation requests directly to your child's Guidance Counselor. Be sure you've fully completed the "student" and "parent" sections of these forms where applicable.
- Include stamped envelopes addressed to each private school. Be sure to use adequate postage as transcripts are many pages. Affix 2 stamps per envelope.
- Teacher Recommendations
- Give teacher recommendation requests directly to your child's teachers. Be sure you've fully completed the "student" and "parent" sections of these forms where applicable.
stamped envelopes addressed to each private school, one stamp per envelope.
- Gateway to Prep Schools
- In lieu of paper forms, many private schools are using "Gateway to Prep Schools" which is a convenient time saver, requires much less paper and no postage. Check to see if your private school is using "Gateway to Prep Schools." The site can be found here: https://www.gatewaytoprepschools.com/
3. Complete and Return Our Student Withdrawal Form: Once you make the decision to send your child to private school, please complete the form below and return to your child's Guidance Counselor. You will need to include the name of the school your child will be attending so that we may begin the process of preparing your child's records for transfer. Please contact your child's Guidance Counselor with any questions.